Traditional Archery Supply ®
659 Bedford St. (Rt. 18)
Traditional Archery Supply
All rights reserved.
1) Stand with arms outstretched straight from shoulders
2) Extend fingers
3) Using a tape measure or yard stick, measure the distance from right to left
4) Divide that number by 2 1/2 (2.5)
- Sam’s outstretched arms measure 68 inches.
- 68 divided by 2.5 equals 27.2.
- Sam’s Traditional draw length is approximately 27.2 inches.
* A footnote to this: if you are "over-bowed" (trying to shoot a bow that is more powerful than you can handle or should start with), you will likely not come close to your full draw and probably not develop proper form as a result.
This will lead to difficult accuracy and early fatigue at the least, and possibly shoulder rotator cuff injury at the worst. Be sure to use a bow with draw weight within your personal limitations.